Originally built in 1902, Hunt’s Paper Factory was extended 24 years later by Wallis Gilbert, the celebrated Art Deco architect behind the Hoover and Firestone buildings. Tucked in the corner of a tree-lined street in Fulham, it has now been sensitively restored and converted into 34 warehouse-style apartments with industrial features.
Our aim was to restore as much of the original fabric as modern regulations allow and to provide a varied collection of light and airy, character apartments.
The majority of residential units naturally fitted into what were already small office units, making use of the existing party walls appropriately upgraded to meet residential standards.
Our clients, Verve Properties, are strong believers in the importance of community spirit and the layout allows for informal meeting of neighbours. A gated archway entrance opens into a landscaped courtyard and two side courtyards full of greenery and light, creating a secure space with a community feeling.