Fountain House, built between 1935-38, was designed by Meyer & Watson-Hart Architects with Sir Giles Gilbert Scott acting as consultant on behalf of Grosvenor Estate.
Although a variety of alterations had been made over the years, much of the installation had become outdated and expensive to run. A decision was therefore made to refurbish the offices on the lower floors and extend the residential accommodation on the 9th and 10th floors, to provide 4 new duplex penthouse apartments, whilst the existing residents occupied their apartments on the lower floors.
The Tooley & Foster Partnership was involved in the working drawings for the refurbishment of the offices, and the shell and core only of the new penthouse accommodation.
Each apartment calculated at approximately 350-400m2 of net lettable space.