We act for both building owners and adjoining owners as Party Wall Surveyor on a range of projects from large new build, alteration or conversions through to smaller minor works projects. We provide advice on all Party Wall matters.
Where we act for the building owner:
• We help identify exactly which properties fall within the scope of the Party Wall Act
• We advise you of your rights under the Act and serve Party Wall notices on your behalf
• We prepare and agree a Party Wall award
• We produce a schedule of the conditions of the properties to ensure that you are not held responsible for any existing defects.
Where we act for the adjoining owners and the neighbour is carrying out building works, the adjoining owner is required to pay our fees on your behalf:
• We advise you of your rights under the Party Wall Act
• We monitor the building works and identify any damage to your property
• We ensure all controls are in place to minimise the risk of damage to your property
The Act works to protect the owner undertaking the works, through the Party Wall Surveyor, by ensuring that the work is lawful, whilst also protecting their neighbour’s rights in the event of damage occurring. We ensure the process is easy and straightforward, with no hidden costs.
For further information please contact Khosro Bashi: email@example.com
(Photo copyright: Nahid Sultana)