The Practice has substantial experience in the design and implementation of educational buildings for public, local authority, grant maintained, voluntary aided and private schools. These include general teaching areas for all ages and specialist teaching spaces such as science laboratories, CDT workshops, arts, drama & music facilities, sports halls including swimming pools, dining and kitchen facilities, boarding and nursery accommodation and ancillary education facilities.
A SELECTION OF CURRENT SCHEMES:
• A new Concert Hall, with ancillary facilities, for an audience of approximately 800, for Saffron Walden County High School.
• A new student accommodation and teaching facility and a new Primary School and Children’s Centre, at Beauherne School in Canterbury.
• A new Dining Hall and ancillary facilities at St Aubyns School.
• A new extension to Poplar Campus at Tower Hamlets College.
A SELECTION OF COMPLETED PROJECTS:
• A new Language Centre and Food Technology facility for Chelmsford County High School for Girls.
• New facilities and extension for the provision of Special Educational Needs, at Kennel Lane School.
• 6 new classrooms for St John's School in Buckhurst Hill.
• A new reception entrance building for Saffron Walden County High School.
• A new Sports Hall including ancillary facilities and a new Mathematics Teaching Block at Highams Park School.
• Vocational Training Centre at Beauherne School in Canterbury.
• An extension and refurbishment of 4 existing classrooms for Whitehall Primary School in Chingford.
• A library extension and reconfiguration of the existing library, a new Performing Arts Centre along with additional music teaching facilities, and a Domestic Science facility, all for Heathfield School in Ascot.
• An extension to the existing sports facilities at Forest School, London E17, including 2 swimming pools with changing facilities, a fitness room, gymnasium, 2 full size cricket nets and office accommodation.
• New Sports Halls and facilities for Ilford and Woodford County High Schools, both for LB of Redbridge.
• The remodelling and refurbishment of College Science Laboratories to a National Skills Academy for Financial Services, for Tower Hamlets College.
• A Sure Start Early Years Centre in Barking accommodates three nursery areas, a courtyard, multi-purpose rooms, office and ancillary facilities.
• A 6th Form Centre at Salisbury School in Enfield for up to 125 students and staff, with general teaching and Learning Support Rooms, a specialist computer suite, a 6th Form Common Room, offices and a garden.
• New classroom building at St Mary’s School in Walthamstow.
• Published by English Heritage in “England’s Schools – History, architecture and adaptation” in 2010.
• Selected for the ’50 Years of London Architecture’ Exhibition 2010.
• International Green Apple Awards for the Built Environment and Architectural Heritage 2007, 2008 & 2010.
• Winner of the RIBA/LSC Further Education Design Excellence Sustainability Award 2009.
• Highly Commended for the RIBA/LSC Further Education Design Excellence Award 2009.
• Waltham Forest Design Awards 2006 - ‘Best New Building’.
• Inclusion in CABE’s selection of Exemplary School Buildings 2002.
• Colorcoat Building Award 2002.
• Civic Trust Commendation 2000.