Commercial developments has been one of the Practice’s key sectors over the past 40+ years, including speculative office and retail developments. As a result, we have gained extensive experience in new build and refurbishment projects involving retail, modern office space and space planning design, including the refurbishment of listed and locally listed buildings.
More recently, we have had the opportunity to design a new Private Jet Terminal at Stansted Airport, where we also provided a full Interior Design service for the new VIP arrival and departure facilities. We have also been part of the design team on a diverse creative quarter at the Paintworks site in Bristol, providing live / work units, small commercial units and private residential.
A SELECTION OF CURRENT SCHEMES:
• 39 bedroom Hotel, with 4 serviced apartments, ancillary restaurant and café; a retail unit and retail/showroom with communal roof garden, in Whitechapel Road – the London 2012 Olympic ‘High Street’.
• Redevelopment of the Leigh Industrial Estate in Maldon to create 8 affordable B1/B8 units, a large retail showroom to define the corner of the site, 21 affordable homes and a 100+ room Hotel, with associated on site car parking.
• A Mixed Use scheme in Hackney for Landhold Properties Ltd, consisting of A1/A2/A3 use at ground and basement levels, B1 use at first floor level and 17 private and 9 affordable flats on 6 floors above first.
• An office refurbishment and new build offices in Vauxhall for Verve Properties.
• Various projects for Grosvenor, the London Borough of Camden, and GVA Grimley.
A SELECTION OF COMPLETED PROJECTS:
• A new Private Jet Terminal at Stansted Airport for Inflite providing new VIP and improved Arrival and Departure facilities in a stunning new building.
• A Mixed Use scheme of 6 shops and 39 flats in the heart of Enfield Town Centre for Christian Action HA, being developed by Mansells.
• 4 floor office refurbishment in Esher, for Keltbray, including all fixtures, fittings and furniture.
• Phase 2 of Verve Properties’ Paintworks project in Bristol:- the creation of 15 smaller commercial units from the division of 3 original large units, within a similar building footprint; a 1920s office refurbishment and extension over existing roof spaces for retail use, and 7 residential units.
• Office refurbishment and extension to ground floor retail unit, refurbishment of 4 existing first and second floor maisonettes and the addition of one new maisonette, in Seaford, for Western Ridge Properties.
• A major extension to The Glades Shopping Centre in Bromley for Capital Shopping Centres.
• The internal redesign of the public concourses and the upgrading of the external fabric at Wembley Arena for Quintain Estates & Development.
• Refurbishment of existing industrial 5 storey building in Camden to contemporary modern offices.
• Façade restoration for Hoares Bank, the oldest private bank in England.
• The reconstruction behind the existing façade of 6-10 Portman Street for Portman Estates.
• A contemporary development for Telford Homes near Angel and Islington, providing office and retail space and 57 residential apartments, 14 of which are affordable.
• The refurbishment, including a new glazed lift shaft, of 44 Belgrave Square, a Grade I Listed Building, for the IPA.
• The refurbishment of 15 St James Square, also Grade I Listed, for Clerical Medical Investment Group.
• A new head office, showroom and warehouse complex for Nicholls & Clarke.
• The upgrading of 30 Gloucester Place for London Merchant Securities.
• Bromley Environment Award 2008, in recognition of exceptional commitment to sustainability and the environment.
• Concert Industry Awards 2007 - ‘Best International Arena’.
• International Concrete Repair Institute, Award of Excellence 2007.
• Camden Building Quality Awards 2007 - Inclusive Design Award.